Material: Concrete, fibreglass, ambulatory equipment, wood, metal Justin Matherly finds the visual prototypes for his sculptures in books and writings, especially in philosophical texts and the ancient classics, which he refers to both in form and content. In many cases, he even names them specifically in his titles. His porous and often fractured sculptural interpretations made of cement, plaster, and plastic are supported by medical walkers. His work is complemented by photographs that are closely linked to the objects. Matherly’s sculpture on the grassy area along the promenade looks as if it had fallen from the sky. The surface of the material exhibits cracks and holes in many places. The walkers clearly protrude in some spots and in others completely vanish inside the grey material. As ready-mades or everyday objects, they assume the function of a pedestal and also become part of the sculpture. In the artist’s conception, these objectsContinue reading
- NUUMU Code: Les Onze mil Verges i la Benedicció dels Animals de Pèl. En directe a Cal Cens. 21/10/2022.
- THE SPANISH ATROCITIES COMMITTEE MEETS THAT FUCKING DOCTOR by Dr.Melis – Marc Valls – Marc Viaplana
- THE FLYING CALÇOT ENSEMBLE, by Àngel Farrés, Francesc D. Melis, Guille Pérez, Quicu Samsó, Rafael Zaragoza.
- Moments inoblidables en la vida dels HADRAMAWTS by HADRAMAWTS, 2010.
- Music for Qalupalik, Kanontsistóntie’s and Tah-Tah-Kle’-Ah, by Antoni Robert
Alex Reviriego Antoni Robert BCN IMPROFEST Caffè San Marco Carlo Mezzino Centre Cultural Albareda D.O.S. Dance-Performance Diego Caicedo Eduard Altaba El Pricto Enric Solà Ferran Besalduch Ferran Fages Fonts de Collserola Francesc Diaz Melis Hiroshi Kobayashi Jaume Martín Joan Vinuesa Jordi Buscà Juan Crek Luiz Rocha Marcelo Acosta Mark Cunnigham Miquel Jorda Miquel Tuset Montserrat Marfany Münster Skulptur Projekte Nocturna Discordia NOVA ERA - MUSICA SECRETA NUUMU CODE Pepe Ruz Pere Canals Primo Gabbiano Quicu Samsó Records Sculpture Sinestesia Soda Acústic Tom Chant Toni Pons Vasco Trilla Vespertines Visual Pal Zero de Conducta